If you’re from Illinois, or located in any part of the world, you can easily make a donation for the Illinois Valley Cat Taxi. This non-profit organization in Mendota helps in decreasing the population of homeless cats through affordable spay/neuter services, the Trap-Return-Return (TNR) program, and a no-kill adoption policy, not only for cats and dogs, but also for farm animals and even exotics.
There are basically three ways you can help:
1. Adopt an Animal – Whether it’s a cat, dog or a chicken, if you have an extra room in your heart and home, the Illinois Valley Cat Taxi will wholeheartedly appreciate you for giving one of its orphans a loving home.
Adoption fee for a cat or kitten is $30 and for dogs, the adoption fee is $150. For this year, that’s up to the 31st of December, 2011, the adoption fee is waived if you choose to adopt a senior cat, one which is 8 years or older.
Cats and dogs have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, dewormed, tested for FIV/FeLV for cats, and tested for heartworm for dogs.
2. Give a Donation – The Illinois Valley Cat Taxi is completely dependent in donations to keep their work going. As of September 1st, 2011, they still need:
- Laundry detergent & bleach
- Paper towels – Urgent!
- Dry dog food (any Purina brand) – Urgent!
- Gas cards
- Postage stamps
- Paper plates
- Donated land suitable for development (for a new shelter facility, with or without existing structures, 5+ acres)
- Vehicles (of any type or age, for transporting animals)
Of course, you can always opt to donate in cash through PayPal or by purchasing from its partner organizations and companies including Animal Services & Assistance Program and Nestle Purina.
3. Become a Volunteer – Even if you don’t have extra funds to donate, that shouldn’t stop your good intentions, especially if you’re from Mendota. You can give your time instead and be a volunteer for any of the following:
- Foster homes needed for dogs and cats.
- Retrieval of feral cat relocation cages scattered about LaSalle County.
- Trappers for TNR in target areas.
The cats, dogs and all the other animals waiting for a loving new home awaits you at the Illinois Valley Cat Taxi facility.