Did you know that a dog’s skin has a different pH than a human’s skin? Human skin tends to be acidic whereas a dog’s skin is more alkaline. Therefore, you should use a shampoo that is pH balanced for use on dogs. While occasional use of a gentle human shampoo is okay, repeated use may lead to dryness of your dog’s skin and coat, itchiness and/or flaky skin.
With all of the pet shampoos available, what is the best shampoo for your own dog or cat? If you are looking for a gentle, all-around shampoo for your pet, consider a shampoo such as Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Shampoo. The benefits of this shampoo are:
- pH formulated for use on pets
- Can be used for dogs or cats (over 12 weeks of age)
- Made in the United States
- Will not wash away topical flea and tick treatments
- Gentle and safe with no reported side effects
- Moisturizing to soothe skin
- Can be used with Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Conditioner
- A very cost-effective shampoo
- Highly rated by our customers, having received an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars
While Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Shampoo is a great all-around shampoo, we also have a large selection of other shampoos formulated for specific skin and coat issues.